Coturnix Corner UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Always wire Under the floor!

2 posters

Go down

Always wire Under the floor! Empty Always wire Under the floor!

Post by arsenalno9 Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:07 pm

When i started keeping Quail, I read loads of stuff, and one of the things i remembered was "Wire under the run to stop rats!"

So when i created my Quail Empire i thought of everything and forgot about the wire!

As it worked out all my Ladies are kept inside and only the boys outside i had about 30 in there waiting for me to pluck (no pun intended) up the courage to do the dirty deed and have them for lunch.

However every time i put some new boys in there i looked and counted and never seemed to get above 10. Being thick it did not dawn on me that someone was have my lunch before i was going to get the chance.

Then last Friday i went out and found 1 Quail left from 30 ish. Rats have been digging under pulling out the quail and back filling the hole the cheeky little devils. They must of been disturbed as 2 headless blooded bodies were still stuck under the batton on the floor.

I can just picture about 20 rats sitting down their hole smoking cigars drinking port and offering "any more Quail anyone"?!?!?!

I have wired the bottom or the run now! and re populated the "cage of death" with new boys.

We live and learn to remember! silent
arsenalno9
arsenalno9
Chinese Painted Quail
Chinese Painted Quail

Male
Number of posts : 58
My eBay : arsenalno9
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Always wire Under the floor! Empty Re: Always wire Under the floor!

Post by Klaire Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:00 pm

:O thats horrible! At least you found the culprits!!
Klaire
Klaire
Harlequin Quail
Harlequin Quail

Female
Number of posts : 430
My eBay : klaire1989
Registration date : 2008-03-05

http://klaire12.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down