Coturnix Corner UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DAY TRIP TO NINO'S PARADISE

2 posters

Go down

DAY TRIP TO NINO'S PARADISE Empty DAY TRIP TO NINO'S PARADISE

Post by dave. Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:34 pm

We met the infamous Nino on Sunday, Joy and Greg introduced us and after wolfing down copius amounts of Joy's scones with masses of jam and cream, with tea provided by Dimity, and long tall stories provided by Nino, we set off in the direction of his Empire. After a lot of persuading, we managed to part Joy's admiring glance from Nino, and off we went on our adventure around his wildlife park. Joy joked about Nino being an Italian Stallion but I secretly thought he might have relatives in the Mafia, so I was careful not to upset him. We started on our trail around his birdie paradise. It took hours to get around the entire Estate and I came away feeling that I'd been on safari. When I got home I realised that I had been walking for 24 hours but I had been oblivious to time, it was just the old legs that were giving out. It was so nice to see the chickens, cocks and bantams running around in the sunlight between the trees but I thought that the foxes heads on poles a little extreme! We feel very lucky to have been allowed the honour of visiting Nino's and Dimity's bird kingdom, where all the birds are kept in such great conditions and treated with such care. Nino is a true professional with a great heart and I came away with a few pheasant eggs free of charge which I certainly didn't expect but accepted with thanks. Thank you all for a great fun day and for your hospitality.
Dave (ghost written by Sharon who is still alive, just, and grateful Dave didn't come away with anymore quail, which he would dearly have loved to)! Very Happy
dave.
dave.
Japanese Quail
Japanese Quail

Male
Number of posts : 124
My eBay : dave66990_0
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Back to top Go down

DAY TRIP TO NINO'S PARADISE Empty Re: DAY TRIP TO NINO'S PARADISE

Post by lottie Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:27 am

I am looking forward to the day when I can visit him too - not too long now I hope. Every time I 'arrange' to go - something comes up to prevent me. Nino is quite a personality isn't he - with a great sense of humour.

Sounds like you had a fantastic time
lottie
lottie
Harlequin Quail
Harlequin Quail

Female
Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down