Coturnix Corner UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jobs

+5
Bronze
andoy
Suz
Mark
dan
9 posters

Go down

Jobs Empty Jobs

Post by dan Tue May 20, 2008 9:02 am

hey,i was just wandering randomly what jobs the quail people have or at school/college etc????or just whatother interests you have??????nosy i know....

dan

dan
Chinese Painted Quail
Chinese Painted Quail

Male
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Jobs Empty Re: Jobs

Post by Mark Tue May 20, 2008 9:24 am

I work in warehouse distribution in the USA

Mark
Cheeping Chick
Cheeping Chick

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Suz Tue May 20, 2008 2:42 pm

I'm officially a managing director & company secretary of my hubbies firm, but in reality that only involves an hour or so's work at the computer a week, so my real job title is MUM Smile

My other interests include drawing, cross-stitch, 3d decoupage and genealogy, but I'm doing this less & less since getting into quail. I'm actually on the look out for quail prints to make some 3d pictures, but can't find any Sad
Suz
Suz
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2237
My eBay : spatrick658
Species Kept : Japanese, Bobwhites, Gambels & Calis
Registration date : 2007-07-11

http://www.freewebs.com/aberdeenshirequail

Back to top Go down

Post by andoy Tue May 20, 2008 3:26 pm

I live the “good life” (for those too young to know it or those who live the other side of the world, it’s an old TV series about leaving the rat race and becoming self sufficient).

I used to work in the City of London as a project leader/analyst/programmer for various software houses, a derivatives brokerage, and a large energy trading company. I paid off my mortgage a number of years ago and had a bit put aside, so I thought I’d have a go at living life slightly differently. I play around with web development. I occasional rent out one of my rooms and do odd jobs to pay some of my expenses and impulse buys Embarassed

Last edited by andoy on Tue May 20, 2008 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : remove carriage controls)
andoy
andoy
Northern Bobwhite
Northern Bobwhite

Male
Number of posts : 916
My eBay : andoyolg
Species Kept : Japanese and Bobwhite
Registration date : 2008-03-13

http://andoy.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronze Tue May 20, 2008 3:31 pm

Andoy you don't look old enough to have paid off a mortgage!

I'm a stay at home mum. I also do bits of stuff every now and then I work(tedious putting cards together stuff) for a local company and I do 3 or four hours a week for my fil posting stuff on ebay thats old stock from his company..
Bronze
Bronze
Japanese Quail
Japanese Quail

Female
Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2007-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by andoy Tue May 20, 2008 3:55 pm

Bless. I'm afraid I'm 40, must be the fresh air up’t-north (pic was taken in York last year). Half my life thus far was spent in front of a computer screen, techno babble and socially dysfunctional people. Unfortunately the other half was spent mumbling financial gibberish to people you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley. Ahh well, I've seen the errors of my ways and now I mainly make conversation with my ducks.
andoy
andoy
Northern Bobwhite
Northern Bobwhite

Male
Number of posts : 916
My eBay : andoyolg
Species Kept : Japanese and Bobwhite
Registration date : 2008-03-13

http://andoy.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sally Tue May 20, 2008 6:56 pm

Im a full time mum - have boys aged 14,12 and 9 yrs - and absolutely love it Very Happy Once all the housework is done, its out in the garden, with all the animals Very Happy

Andoy - that would be my plan - be self sufficient, but would have to win the lottery first Wink I remember 'The Good Life' Smile

sally
Japanese Quail
Japanese Quail

Female
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by dan Tue May 20, 2008 9:50 pm

same i would love to live the "good life"but again may need a bit of money to come my way first.owel for now i work on a dairy farm as a student but thats not so bad until i get the money.....dan

dan
Chinese Painted Quail
Chinese Painted Quail

Male
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Klaire Tue May 20, 2008 10:33 pm

I quit school a year ago after completing my A levels, along with quitting school I quit my job so now I'm on the lookout! And it's bloody hard work! When I'm not looking for a job I'm either chatting away on here, reading a book or sewing (cross-stitch mostly).

It's interesting to read all about the things you lot get up to during the day Twisted Evil
Klaire
Klaire
Harlequin Quail
Harlequin Quail

Female
Number of posts : 430
My eBay : klaire1989
Registration date : 2008-03-05

http://klaire12.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratchett Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:11 am

I work on a pig farm and butchers part time the rest of my time is quails and work round the house.

Ratchett
Cheeping Chick
Cheeping Chick

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bex46 Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:39 am

Im a Graphic designer, and work part time at my local Bird avairy. I have just started an ornathology course, work from home. I have a flat and live on my own with my parrot and quails.
bex46
bex46
Japanese Quail
Japanese Quail

Female
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down