Coturnix Corner UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken Eggs

2 posters

Go down

Broken Eggs Empty Broken Eggs

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:28 pm

I'm quite annoyed at the moment.

I've just had somebody on another forum tell me that the eggs that I sent them were broken when they arrived! Mad

I've never had eggs broken when I have sent them before. He is going to send me photos. However I believe my packaging was secure enough and as normal, so I put it down to Royal Mail! Mad

I put in extra eggs, as a gift, but he still insists that there were only 36. Rolling Eyes

I'm going to have to send him extra eggs, he has demanded 18 extra eggs, but I'm not having any of that! I'll send him a dozen at most.

Just had to get it off my chest! Mad Mad Mad

Martin

Back to top Go down

Broken Eggs Empty Re: Broken Eggs

Post by Ironsun Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:12 am

Hi,

I've heard about this problem of "Broken eggs" arriving,by the buyers.It could be the post office worker has drop the parcel? Could be down to bad packing? No one knows.
After a few times this has happened to me, I asked buyers to send back photo's, which they did, and I replaced them.
BUT I DON'T NOW. One chap send me photo's of a box of broken eggs, well in the photo there was a white shelled egg, which I know my birds did'nt lay. The guy was trying to conn me.
Now for the price of a couple of quid, you can buy a rubber ink stamp.All you need to do is stamp the eggs,and if they are broken, ask the buy for photo's that include your stamp.(Mine says ETOSHA STUD.That way you can prove they are yours.
But as we all know, Japanese quail are speckled/marked.I now use a bingo marker pen, to mark any eggs I send.Or you could write on your eggs.As long as you know there is a mark on, you can tell if they are your eggs or not.It works for me, I've never had broken eggs arrive since I started to mark them. Derek
Ironsun
Ironsun
Northern Bobwhite
Northern Bobwhite

Male
Number of posts : 725
My eBay : etoshastud
Registration date : 2007-07-26

http://www.quail-run.bravehost.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironsun Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:17 am

Ironsun
Ironsun
Northern Bobwhite
Northern Bobwhite

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:03 pm

Cheers for that Derek.

It's not that I don't know how to pack them, it's just a first time for me, and it's pretty irritating!

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suz Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:54 am

That's a good link Derek, maybe you could post a bit about packaging eggs in the General section as this thread will get lost on this board. Smile

Suz
Suz
Suz
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2237
My eBay : spatrick658
Species Kept : Japanese, Bobwhites, Gambels & Calis
Registration date : 2007-07-11

http://www.freewebs.com/aberdeenshirequail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:09 am

Hi, Just an update. (I forgot all about this post)

The man did send me pictures of broken eggs in my box, so I sent him 12 fresh eggs eggs today. Securely packaged.

I have 2 dozen more eggs to go tomorrow and then another dozen the day after that!

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironsun Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:42 am

Hi Suz
There's not much more I can add to this post, The link I posted says it all really.If all eggs are packed in the same way as the pictures suggest, I think you'll get very few reports of broken eggs arriving.Derek.
Ironsun
Ironsun
Northern Bobwhite
Northern Bobwhite

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content