Coturnix Corner UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What my breeder flock will look like next year....

Go down

What my breeder flock will look like next year.... Empty What my breeder flock will look like next year....

Post by SamG347 Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:07 am

Well I have finally made my descion as to what I'm going to do as far as the quail. I have been thinking of all my options and everything and decided that it would be WAY to much for me to take care of to have the multiple pens of different colored Jumbo birds.....Instead I'm going to run just the one big pen I have with all the colors mixed. That should produce some BEAUTIFUL Jumbo birds. Some pures and some crosses. My current flock is....

11 Jumbo Brown hens
2 Jumbo Golden hens
5 Jumbo Brown males

My plan is to downsize that flock to...

4 Jumbo Brown hens
2 Jumbo Golden hens
2 Jumbo Brown Males

And then add....

4-5 Jumbo Brown hens
1 Jumbo Golden hen
5 British Dark Range birds(black and brown)
3 Tuxedo birds
2 Ginger/golden birds
2 Ginger birds

The only chicks I'm pretty sure on the sex right now are the Jumbo Browns and Goldens...The mutation colors will be harder...But this should make for a very interesting color flock.
I will also have a pen of Butler Bobwhite quail next year too! But only around 8-10 birds not the 20-24 like my Coturnix.
Very Happy
SamG347
SamG347
Fresh Egg
Fresh Egg

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-08-01

http://www.freewebs.com/samg347

Back to top Go down

What my breeder flock will look like next year.... Empty Re: What my breeder flock will look like next year....

Post by SamG347 Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:50 am

Also...I weighed my 2 largest adults currently in my breeding flock. Their weights were..
Male = 350 grams or 12.34 ounces
Female = 328.17 grams or 11.57 ounces
I will be keeping both of these birds plus the other LARGEST members of the flock
SamG347
SamG347
Fresh Egg
Fresh Egg

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-08-01

http://www.freewebs.com/samg347

Back to top Go down