Coturnix Corner UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Cages

4 posters

Go down

New Cages Empty Re: New Cages

Post by Suz Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:00 pm

I'd like to apologise for not making chat last night, but Friday turned into a really s****y day, I was feeling rotten ill , my mum phoned in the morning to tell my that an old school friend had been killed in a motor accident and the funeral was on Thursday and I'd missed it, so I had to phone my friends mother and apologise or not being there as she had been trying to track me down for over a week (my number is ex-directory) and only got my mums number from someone at the funeral, I had read about the accident in the paper but never made the connection with her married name. So that was a tearful 3 hour phone call. Then to top the day off perfectly Scott came round after tea for my seven boys, I tried my best not to burst into tears as I boxed them up, not wanting to make a fool of myself but it was the final straw - I bedded the kids early sat down with a bottle of wine, stuck in a DVD and wallowed in my own misery.

Today my new budgie breeder cages came, so I've spent the afternoon quail re-arranging, so between having a free ark and new cages the youngster have loads of room again. I've got the mini japs in one of the double cages until there old enough to go out to the ark.

New Cages Quail177

New Cages Quail176

New Cages Quail175

New Cages Quail163

New Cages Quail162
Suz
Suz
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2237
My eBay : spatrick658
Species Kept : Japanese, Bobwhites, Gambels & Calis
Registration date : 2007-07-11

http://www.freewebs.com/aberdeenshirequail

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrie Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:36 am

That setup looks fantastic Suz. I'm making notes as I've just tracked down a shed for my quails and OH said he will build an aviary onto the side in spring.

Sorry about your awful day and hope you're feeling a bit better.

Harrie
Harrie
Harrie
Californian Quail

Female
Number of posts : 1009
Registration date : 2007-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironsun Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:44 am

Hi Suz,

Nevermind about Friday night, there was only Joy and myself in chatroom.

That set up looks great, is there four double breeding cages there?I've got 3 cages I bought years ago but never used, I just might get some more now for my Chinese painted quails. Derek
Ironsun
Ironsun
Northern Bobwhite
Northern Bobwhite

Male
Number of posts : 725
My eBay : etoshastud
Registration date : 2007-07-26

http://www.quail-run.bravehost.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Suz Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:46 am

Thanks I'm feeling much better & chirper, it was awful going out this morning to see to the quailies and being faced with a empty house tho. Sad

Harrie - I've got a similar idea for the shed I want, one wall lined with rabbit breeder sized cages to keep selected Japs, but I'm not adding a flight onto the shed, I'm thinking sturdy, movable wire mesh & wood pens (like rabbit runs) and just put the quail out on a rota. I'm still trying to persuade my Hubby that I need another shed, but he's digging his heels in at the moment.

Derek - Yes theres 4 double breeders (50" long), I'm planning on getting 2 more cages next month and stack them 3 high then that will be my CPQ/Nursery/Hospital set up complete. I'll add light fittings to the top cages and use them as second stage brooders for feathered chicks, plus it'll stop me dumping stuff on top of the cages then I just need to figure something out to stop them kicking out the shavings that wont interfere with the doors Smile

Suz
Suz
Suz
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrie Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:56 am

How about a litter board that slots into the the sides just behind the door - I had this when I had bunnies.

I have a couple of moveable chicken houses and run and OH is going to remesh these with small wire so we can use these for the quail. Do you think they'll be able to use them in the winter if it's a nice day?? I do like to see my birds out on the grass.

Harrie
Harrie
Harrie
Californian Quail

Female
Number of posts : 1009

Back to top Go down

Post by Suz Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:18 pm

I hope so Harrie, my outside quails will be need to be out this winter, I've got a blue B&Q waterproof sheet to go over the big hutch and I've tacked corrugrated plastic roofing to one side of the arks for extra shelter - I've my fingers crossed for a mild winter though Smile
Suz
Suz
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:47 pm

Sorry to hear about your friend. Sad

The quail set up looks fantastic if that is any consolation.

Back to top Go down

Post by phillipm1969 Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:39 pm

your set up looks great suz that much i have just ordered a double bugie breeder cage from your contact at 50"x18"x12" for £36.00 deliverd it sounds like a bragin

phillipm1969
Harlequin Quail
Harlequin Quail

Male
Number of posts : 334

Back to top Go down

Post by Suz Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:52 pm

you wont be disappointed Phill, the cages are great, and he gets them to you really quickly.

Last edited by on Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Suz
Suz
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by phillipm1969 Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:00 am

cant wait am desperate to have more space for my chicks as they are growing really fast ! i have been working really hard all this wk end building my 1st aviary have got most of the frame done + the double doors have to be quick cos my next batch of eggs has started to hatch today (harlequins)

phillipm1969
Harlequin Quail
Harlequin Quail

Male
Number of posts : 334

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down