Coturnix Corner UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken Washing Machine?? Need a mans help plz

+2
Horsley-Anarak
Suz
6 posters

Go down

Broken Washing Machine?? Need a mans help plz Empty Broken Washing Machine?? Need a mans help plz

Post by Suz Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:18 pm

My new washing machine has packed in, done two loads of washing today and machine worked perfectly, went to get the 3rd load out ready for the drier and noticed that they were still soaking, so went to put them back onto spin and the flaming machine refuses to go on, none of the wee lights are coming on nothing, its like its just died. I've checked the fuse, checked the socket, cleaned the filter - is there anything else I could try?? I dont want to call out an engineer out until hubby gets home & takes a look at it, but with 3 messy kids I really need my washing machine Smile

Suz
Suz
Suz
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2237
My eBay : spatrick658
Species Kept : Japanese, Bobwhites, Gambels & Calis
Registration date : 2007-07-11

http://www.freewebs.com/aberdeenshirequail

Back to top Go down

Broken Washing Machine?? Need a mans help plz Empty Washing machine

Post by Horsley-Anarak Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:31 pm

Check that the outlet hose is not kinked.

Or if you are up to it take the back off and make sure that there is nothing stuck in the pump impeller.
( there will still be water in the pump assembly, Isolate machine from electric before you do any thing.

In the past my pump has been stopped by small screws, nails, drills that my wife has put into machine.

Thanks

H-A
Horsley-Anarak
Horsley-Anarak
Japanese Quail
Japanese Quail

Male
Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Broken Washing Machine?? Need a mans help plz Empty Re: Broken Washing Machine?? Need a mans help plz

Post by Bronze Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:35 pm

Where did my post go?

what I said was
How sexist. I fixed my dishwasher twice recently and ow know all about float pumps and the like. What make is it?
Bronze
Bronze
Japanese Quail
Japanese Quail

Female
Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2007-07-13

Back to top Go down

Broken Washing Machine?? Need a mans help plz Empty Re: Broken Washing Machine?? Need a mans help plz

Post by Suz Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:46 pm

Zanussi Aquacycle essential ZWF1421

It was bought new 2yrs ago as a wedding present, but I only started using it about 4 months ago - from what I can tell, Jess thought she'd help by turning the machine round to finish, while on the spin cycle - I open door thinking it was finished, it wasn't so tried to put it on again but the front panel is completely dead, and it won't start

suz
Suz
Suz
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by battybat Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:48 pm

Oh jeesh

What a nightmare, i go through electrical stuff like you wouldn't believe and i totally kill washing machines, i am on my 3rd one in 5 years. I have no ideas on how to fix them i just give up and yell my husband to help!

Sorry i am no help at all.

Hugs
Batty XxX
battybat
battybat
Japanese Quail
Japanese Quail

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-03-11

http://www.fairiechild.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrie Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:22 pm

Ummmmmm - switch in off and on at the wall. That's about as techy as I get! Laughing
Harrie
Harrie
Californian Quail

Female
Number of posts : 1009
Registration date : 2007-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by lottie Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:26 pm

My son had the same thing happened - waited 2 weeks for a repair man - who asked what was in it at time of washing

A bath mat and a towel or two - not over loaded.

Engineer said it was that. With the new machines they can tell if they are off balance and don't spin.

Son didn't believe it - so engineer proved it

Just a thought - trying to help

PS - It wasn't that the washing was to heavy.

Perhaps it would be worth taking all the washing out and trying again with a different amount - or just putting it on to drain? There should be a contact number in your washing machine manual to contact for help and advice - its usually at the back. Or else you can look them up on the web. Hope you get it sorted soon - a nightmare when you have kiddies and need to do the washing.
Hope it is sorted soon
lottie
lottie
Harlequin Quail
Harlequin Quail

Female
Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Suz Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:26 pm

Thanks Lottie

3 telephone calls later, I've got to waituntil the 27th for a man to come out - super £55 before he starts - by the sounds of things its blown a P** chip?? that will need to be replaced.
Suz
Suz
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronze Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:52 pm

Was going to say it sounds like a non diy jobby. The chips on the pcbs are reprogrammed by laptop so he'll change it to a new blank one then reprogram that. Thats the problem with modern white goods. Theyre almost too snazzy for their own good.
Bronze
Bronze
Japanese Quail
Japanese Quail

Female
Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2007-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by lottie Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:43 pm

That's a right pain in the rear isn't it - 27th! There must be lots of broken machines out there or a fortune to be made by re-training to be a repair person.
lottie
lottie
Harlequin Quail
Harlequin Quail

Female
Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down