Coturnix Corner UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much do you sell your quail eating eggs for?

4 posters

Go down

How much do you sell your quail eating eggs for? Empty How much do you sell your quail eating eggs for?

Post by sarah.leggett Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:35 pm

Hiya!

Haven't been on for ages so hello again.

I have japanese quail hatched form suz's eggs and we adore them Smile We are waiting for them to come into lay. I was wondering if anyone here sells their eggs for eating. I have a lady who said she loves quail eggs and will buy as many as I have available. BUT I don't have a clue how much to charge. How much are they in the supermarket? We sell our hen and duck eggs for £1 per 6 which I think we are going to increase to £1.20 since feed price has increased sooo much.

Eager to hear replies
Sarah

sarah.leggett
Fresh Egg
Fresh Egg

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

How much do you sell your quail eating eggs for? Empty Re: How much do you sell your quail eating eggs for?

Post by Ironsun Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:52 pm

Hi Sarah,

You can charge whatever people are prepared to pay for them. I sell 15 dozen a week to a local Chinese supermarket and I ask for £1.20 per dozen without egg boxes.( they sell them for £1.80)
I find this pays for all their food and lighting, shavings, grit etc. I don't make much money from selling them.

Derek.
Ironsun
Ironsun
Northern Bobwhite
Northern Bobwhite

Male
Number of posts : 725
My eBay : etoshastud
Registration date : 2007-07-26

http://www.quail-run.bravehost.com/

Back to top Go down

How much do you sell your quail eating eggs for? Empty Re: How much do you sell your quail eating eggs for?

Post by Suz Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:11 pm

hi Sarah

So glad your quail are doing well.

Just checked on tesco online -

6 ducks eggs are £2.28, but couldnt' find quail eggs - pretty sure I saw them in tesco's for around £2 per dozen though. and my local butcher sells them for £1.60 per dozen

Suz
Suz
Suz
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2237
My eBay : spatrick658
Species Kept : Japanese, Bobwhites, Gambels & Calis
Registration date : 2007-07-11

http://www.freewebs.com/aberdeenshirequail

Back to top Go down

Post by internet_nobody Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:20 am

My nearest tesco that stocks them sells them for £2.49 a dozen normally, Ocado has them for £2.45. I did see them on a local market about a year and a half ago, I think they were £2.50 there. I must be in a pricy quail egg area Razz
internet_nobody
internet_nobody
Northern Bobwhite
Northern Bobwhite

Female
Number of posts : 915
My eBay : internet_nobody
Species Kept : Japanese and Bobwhite
Registration date : 2007-09-26

http://www.emmap.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down